Fail of Your Day

Haha nope because I don’t want you guys to see me being a tit.

Apparently my insurance covers contacts, regular glasses, and sunglasses, but not prescription safety glasses. You know, the glasses that are explicitly to protect your eyes. I wasn’t told this until a week after I ordered them and had paid for the lens options I knew weren’t covered.

Do you have a flex spending account? If so, you can probably purchase things like this with money from that account. You still have to pay for it, but at least those dollars are not taxed, so you save quite a bit.

1 Like

I actually did until this year, changes in insurance made it impractical. I’ll probably just use my glasses credit to get some contacts for the 3 times a year I wish I had some.

Restarted a prod system thinking I was in a fail over system. Maaaaaaaaaay have lost my job. Depends on how the meeting right now goes.

If someone is going to let you go over an honest mistake, then that is not a place you want to work anyway.

Also, the fact that it was possible to do this is an organizational/process failure, not your failure. See the story we talked about awhile ago where the intern ruined the database or whatev. Same deal.

This is definitely a process failure this much has been known I’ve been saying as much. This should have been automated weeks ago.

Issue here is basically we sold a thing that wasn’t ready for enterprise yet (for lots of money) and now it’s in production and a bit flaky. Every time it fails there are problems for people. Eventually lawyers got involved and said if it fails again, liability falls to us.

I just made it fail (maybe, it’s possible nobody noticed) I did immediately out myself, of course.

Still have a job.Things are pretty much fine.

6 Likes

Amazon Music I shutting down , I need to transfer so many ustom mprs (with manual tags) to another location, suggestions?

Where is the news about this? The news I see is that they are expanding it to India. Sounds like the opposite of shutting down.

Email I just got stating that as of now.

Please be advised Amazon is retiring Amazon Music storage and is no longer offering new subscriptions. If you do not renew your current subscription, you will no longer be able to upload music or subscribe again. These storage changes only affect music you’ve imported.

Ah, so they are keeping the prime streaming part, thus becoming a Spotify competitor.

You want Google Play Music. Comes with YouTube Red!

1 Like

Google Play-all-the-Music. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just discovered that PFSense has deprecated the i386 platform. This means that after over 10 years of continuous use, my Dell laptop has finally reached the end of its useful service life.

I have a use for old laptops. I put artemis bridge simulator on them and stick them in a backpack. When 5 friends come over I occasionally bust out the backpack and we all pilot a starship

1 Like

That’s a great idea, but I think it’s too old for even that.

So the storm literally ripped the FIOS line coming into my house down. As a result, and after talking on the phone with FIOS, I’ll have no internet at home until March 19th.

I just do not want to be here today. Why won’t work end?

I also lost home Internet in the storm. Power and such is fine but making civ moves is gonna be tough for a while