Fail of Your Day

Ruh-Roh.

Sigh… :frowning:

Well if you want a noggin to scan mines available. It is a growing worry, its interesting talking to a my friends who played a lot of contact sports and the injuries that are cropping up now. I mean we are in our mid-twenties and are already getting some fairly serious injuries.

Oh I’m playing with the old toy guns over here as well. But again I’ve taken some knocks, though thankfully not to the head. I’m trying to find the balance with the body where I can keep being active without going too far. Have found it to be a bit safer but then again I dislocated my shoulder running into a bus, so maybe its me.

Yeah, we’re starting to see more and more symptoms emerge. Just learned that a friend who moved to Texas a couple of years back is starting to show aphasia and memory loss. He’s 43 and has something like 6 lesions on his brain.

Things like that give me pause.

Yeah, I gotta admit, I’m kinda worried. My memory has always been a little either-way at the best of times, and I spent a lot of time getting my head knocked on like brothel door with a broken bell when I was younger.

Oh man my short term memory has been fucked since I was about 10. Fell off a horse, fractured my neck and coma. Been buggered since then. They don’t tell you that these things stack up when your young.

But you think this is bad. One of my students has already run her body down so badly playing kendo that she has had to retire at the grand old age of 15.

I’ve heard stories of old guys who did Judo their whole life who basically turned into Cotton Hill after a million knee injuries.

Not entirely, but pretty sure my mobo is dead, for no discernible reason. Refuses to POST, and won’t display any sort of bios. Threw different ram at it, no change, so it’s not a ram issue. Not a Graphics card issue, because it still happens on the spare card. pretty sure not a power supply issue, because I’m showing correct voltages on my meter, and it’s below rated output regardless. And of course, no telltales, no post code display, no pc speaker for beeps.

So, looks like this will be an expensive saturday, unless y’all have any other ideas as to what it might be?

On the plus side, at least it’s not my graphics card, can’t afford to replace that AT ALL right now.

I recently went on the old Amazon and bought this for exactly this reason.

http://amzn.to/2CFZI8T

Oh no, let me clarify - I own one. The JFP2 pins that MSI instructs you to use for the PC speaker literally aren’t soldered on to the board, it’s just blank traces - there is nowhere to connect it.

I’m just baffled, there’s no discernable reason for it - my surge protectors haven’t tripped, nothing has changed, I shut it down last night, and now it won’t start back up, or even visibly POST.

I have never seen that. Back in the day pc speakers had 4 pins. Later on it was reduced to two. I’ve never seen a board with zero pins.

I picked up a new board today, so I’ll take a photo when I pull it out. Surprised the hell out of me, too - especially considering that the board is MEANT to have the pins on there for it(well, not JUST for it, but it’s four pins of a seven pin connector they tell you to use), this one just…doesn’t. Manufacturer error maybe?

Still, in looking up the board, I discovered that these boards became notorious for this type of failure - a few months after I bought it. First posts about it started commonly appearing online in early 2016, I bought it in mid 2015.

Oh, it got worse.

To quote @Cremlian, "Why can’t a politician just say “The Russians really didn’t like Clinton so they backed any campaign that was against her, so of course they helped my campaign indirectly from the looks of it. That’s wrong and we should work to stop it.”

3 Likes

Well, I’d suspect that it would mean admitting, after a lot of people(And let’s face it, who were almost entirely either his supporters, or Republicans) claiming that the primaries were rigged, that someone really did have their thumb on the scales…In his favor. And he still lost by a landslide.

Which would in turn be pretty much a tacit admission that he didn’t have much of a chance in the primary or the general(had he won the primary) because he couldn’t even win with someone’s thumb on the scales, and a tacit admission that if he had won the primaries, it would have at least partially been because someone had their thumb on the scales. Plus, it wouldn’t say good things about his chances in the upcoming 2020 primaries, which pretty much everyone thinks he’s going to go for.

I mean, sure, you still have plenty of folk who will dismiss it, or say it wouldn’t matter, or that it doesn’t matter that russia had their thumb on the scales in his favor because the DNC had a bigger thumb on, but you can’t rely on a small percentage of Bernie die-hards to carry you through the primary and to the presidency.

3 Likes

Good point. I guess that given the seriousness of the matter, he’d be willing to put country ahead of his own personal ambitions.

Ego can do funny things to a person, and even among his best mates on the hill, you’ll rarely hear him described as humble. And that’s among politicians, a trade where having a fair bit of an ego is somewhat of a requirement for the position. And honestly, I can think of a few pretty reasonable ways you could reconcile it within yourself, so that doing what he’s doing is better, and does more to care for the country, than taking the other path, which has more benefit in the short term.

2 Likes