Fail of Your Day

People did make a big deal about how I graduated with honors, and I’ve been asked to prove my GPA even long after I entered the private sector.

IBM required a 3.4 or they wouldn’t have hired me.

Also, if you want to get an advanced degree after college or university, you better have good grades or kick the shit out of whatever test you have to take. I know a couple people who had shitty grades in college but did amazing on the MCAT or LSAT, but even then, during their interviews, they had to explain why there was a difference.

This is pretty similar to what I did. I spent a lot of time trying to do well in like biology and history, and then just kinda coasted through CS classes (until the more specific classes like networking, systems, concurrency, etc). But some classes I just didn’t give a fuck about doing a good job. Like we had one class that was called like “software development” where the biggest project was writing like a 30 page spec on a concept.

No one except government does this shit, in fact there are software methodologies that specifically go against writing large specs. In fact my internship, which being an engineering firm closely related to technologies used in maintaining electrical grids and working with government contracts sometimes, the engineers kinda trained me against writing those type of specs.

I’m speaking from second hand knowledge of the medical field having a close friend who is now a doctor, but it sounded like your job market was literally dictated by one test you take towards the end of your school career. Do bad on that test and you’ll only be allowed to work in general family care. On one hand I’m kinda glad that it’s so restrictive, but on the other hand it sounds like one of the most stressful experiences ever.

1 Like

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of when I was teaching English in Japan and I was shocked to see all these middleschool kids with graying hair. Eventually I realized that the way the Japanese school system is set up, you’re basically asking these 14-15 year olds to take a test that’s going to determine the rest of their lives, depending on which high school they go to, and whether they go to college afterwards. No wonder they had gray hair from all the stress and studying they were doing!

Togas.

All toga, all the time.

The new Death Note movie.

2 Likes

The best part is when QWOP races against the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist…

Honest to god the stupidity I am seeing on all corners of the internet over the NK missile is driving me insane. Some dumb ass put up on reddit what to do if the bombs fall. Just Christ. How stupid are you. There are far more important things to worry about then some crap missile that fell apart. Interestingly enough all my Japanese friends are entirely ambivalent, its the weeby flighty fuckers that are getting all sandy.

2 Likes

B-BUT THEY ARE BOMBING MUH WAIFUS. D:

/s

1 Like

Pretty much and the JETs have stopped being confused by their washing machines for five minuets to ask if they get the day off.

2 Likes

The ever encroaching feeling that most of my family has a lot of toxicity or person-adjacent toxicity that I can’t avoid because of monetary reasons. Don’t have the freedom to break free and I have too much anxiety to get certain things done. Job hunt has been demoralizing, nothing even offers the amount of benefits I get with my family’s work either.

1 Like

There are Americans tweeting about Obama not assisting during Hurricane Katrina. Also the stupid Trump pardon for the racist sheriff and literally just blocking the Supreme Court.

Seems like dictatorships could learn a thing or three from Trump.

2 Likes

My girlfriend of 3 years left me last night, apparently being faithful was too hard.

A shit that sucks, sorry buddy. Don’t let the buggers get you down.

1 Like

I’m so sorry :frowning:

Here is a video of some puppies playing if you would like it.

3 Likes

That’s really rough, mate. I’m sorry.

thanks, it’s oddly comforting.

Graphics card gave up on life. Not the end of the world, but replacing it still takes money that I could have used for something else.