Fail of Your Day

I don’t see this at all. Perhaps because I only use non-official Twitter client to avoid ads?

I didn’t notice for a while. But then I saw that where it usually says “so and so retweeted this” it says “so and so liked this”.

Tweetbot’s Mute for an Hour/Day/Month is pretty great. The default Twitter.app is sad times.

This person tweets constantly every day. It’s not a matter of a special event or something.

Ain’t nobody got time for that. Unfollow.

1 Like

I just spent half my evening taking apart my fridge to replace a piece of metal with a slightly larger piece of metal.

I guess newer units ship with the larger piece. It attaches to a heating element to keep ice from building up in a drain, but I guess didn’t make enough contact with the element to actually work reliably.

While I was attending a con some malware got installed on the new PC, just nuked it and rebuilding it now

1 Like

This reddit post isn’t the fail, but the story it tells about a bunch of Broflakes, gaters, and armchair game devs being sucked in by the most blatantly obvious hoax you’ve ever seen is a hilarious cavalcade of failure.

2 Likes

Reading those Tweets at the end was the best part.

If anyone ever makes a museum exhibit about the internet, that deserves to be there.

I mean, 40k is ripe for such appropriations for sure, it hasn’t been very surprising. Been seeing hard-right memes riding the 40k wagon long before Trump even announced running.

2 Likes

40k Memes: When you conflate fascism parody with actual fascism.

2 Likes

Someone broke the rule about not letting the cat out on the 4th.

Thats the thing that gets me. People don’t seem to get that it is this absurd parody of all the worst stuff. Some boggling gremlin thinking they would be a Space marine.

1 Like

I think 40k is well inside Poe’s Law territory.

1 Like

As an Ork person, I never run into this problem with my 40K fandom.

1 Like

So apparently the Declaration of Independence is now anti-Trump propaganda.

4 Likes

If only the anti-slavery clauses had made it into the Declaration. The reactions to that would’ve been priceless.

4 Likes

Changed the ‘office radio’ to play Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know

http://labs.echonest.com/Uploader/loader.html

It was more than 30 minutes before someone noticed that “the radio was broken”.

I laughed so hard that I’m surprised I wasn’t sent home.