Fail of Your Day

Apparently for the last, well, approx 2 years I’ve been paying for 2 separate subscriptions to Adobe Creative Cloud and barely used either.

I’m going to see what my options are. I recall 2 years ago getting a replacement credit card which as a result, after it couldn’t charge to the old one I was told due to the payment issue it cancelled my account. I was unable to get the old one re-started, So I had to sign up for a new one. And so I had it charge directly to an account vs going thru some credit card. Apparently the first account got un-cancelled at some point? And then only now, when I go and get another replacement credit card and the Adobe started failing again, did I notice this issue. (because honestly who clicks on their Adobe profiles for no good reason when things are working?)

If I don’t get decent resolution from this I’m going to be frustrated with Adobe. It should be abundantly clear I did not use both plans, and that I only intended to have one, and that due to billing errors and their stupid system insisting my old profile be cancelled and I had to start a new one fresh did I even have this problem.

0 Likes

0 Likes

@Apreche I know in the mixer discord they have a developer room there if you feel like poking around

0 Likes

Come home and attempted to work on PC cat throws up on keyboard now need new keyboard.

0 Likes

Try the dishwasher. If it’s already vomited on, can’t hurt!

0 Likes

Maybe try some disinfecting wipes?

0 Likes

Working with the wipes and qtips, so far no dice, next with be the diswasher

0 Likes

In the event that it doesn’t work out, what type of keyboard do you use?
PS/2? USB? Wireless?

0 Likes

Being so bored at work on a really slow day that you get dragged into a twitter fight the depths of which you’ve not seen since the phpbb days.

2 Likes

tenor

0 Likes

Mixed feeling of the day?

Had a black patch on my arm that the doctor removed for testing, scary. Got results today, not cancer. But still got reffered to a dermatologist because I’m at higher risk of melanoma. So not Yay at all. I don’t know. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Quitting smoking is a bitch. Even with gum supplemented by occasional snuff.

1 Like

Context: I work at a multinational medical software development corp.

Last month, my leadership at work called an All-Hands meeting to discuss questions my colleagues and I have. They sourced questions from us and had us vote on the topics we wanted covered. Top voted comments were all about burnout and the growing extra/weekend hours. In the meeting, they didn’t even mention the topics and brushed off the in-person questions about it.

Yesterday, they announced the second such meeting and changed it so we submitted questions in a way that we can’t easily discuss our concerns and the meeting is entirely digital. Never before have I seen a group of people more afraid to face their own employees.

We so need a union…

1 Like

Holy fucking christ. Julian Assage has been given a journalism award by the European United Left–Nordic Green Left part of the European Parliament. That’s not terribly shocking by itself, until you consider the award - the GUE/NGL Award for Journalists, Whistleblowers & Defenders of the Right to Information - was created in honor of Daphne Caruana Galizia.

That’s right: They gave him an award created in honor of a journalist who he slandered by saying she(among others) was being paid off by the US government to attack Putin, who was murdered because of her involvement with a series of leaks that Assange smeared as being fakes, made up by the OCCRP and George Soros.

0 Likes

Just do it. Find an existing related union to join and call them.

0 Likes

Yup. Working on it. First step is to make sure there’s enough people interested so we don’t just get shut down and fired.

0 Likes

I wonder if you can file a wrongful termination suit if that happens. Personally, I would love to get fired and then file a lawsuit, assuming I win. That means getting paid, but not working.

0 Likes

So, it is complicated, right? It is illegal to fire people for trying to unionize, but if my office was super pro-labor this conversation may not even be happening.

0 Likes

Kinda catches my interest because I was not a fan of kolossal during the eclipse Kickstarter.

0 Likes

I hope you have enough savings to last 1-2 years of unemployment while your case works it’s way through the system. And even if you do, there’s no guarantee that you’ll even win at the end of it. No one is ever fired because they want to form a union. Management can come up with numerous other reasons to fire someone.

1 Like