Fail of Your Day

Hmm, maybe this Mixer is worth looking into then.

0 Likes

Apparently for the last, well, approx 2 years I’ve been paying for 2 separate subscriptions to Adobe Creative Cloud and barely used either.

I’m going to see what my options are. I recall 2 years ago getting a replacement credit card which as a result, after it couldn’t charge to the old one I was told due to the payment issue it cancelled my account. I was unable to get the old one re-started, So I had to sign up for a new one. And so I had it charge directly to an account vs going thru some credit card. Apparently the first account got un-cancelled at some point? And then only now, when I go and get another replacement credit card and the Adobe started failing again, did I notice this issue. (because honestly who clicks on their Adobe profiles for no good reason when things are working?)

If I don’t get decent resolution from this I’m going to be frustrated with Adobe. It should be abundantly clear I did not use both plans, and that I only intended to have one, and that due to billing errors and their stupid system insisting my old profile be cancelled and I had to start a new one fresh did I even have this problem.

0 Likes

0 Likes

@Apreche I know in the mixer discord they have a developer room there if you feel like poking around

0 Likes

Come home and attempted to work on PC cat throws up on keyboard now need new keyboard.

0 Likes

Try the dishwasher. If it’s already vomited on, can’t hurt!

0 Likes

Maybe try some disinfecting wipes?

0 Likes

Working with the wipes and qtips, so far no dice, next with be the diswasher

0 Likes

In the event that it doesn’t work out, what type of keyboard do you use?
PS/2? USB? Wireless?

0 Likes

Being so bored at work on a really slow day that you get dragged into a twitter fight the depths of which you’ve not seen since the phpbb days.

2 Likes

tenor

0 Likes

Mixed feeling of the day?

Had a black patch on my arm that the doctor removed for testing, scary. Got results today, not cancer. But still got reffered to a dermatologist because I’m at higher risk of melanoma. So not Yay at all. I don’t know. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Quitting smoking is a bitch. Even with gum supplemented by occasional snuff.

1 Like

Context: I work at a multinational medical software development corp.

Last month, my leadership at work called an All-Hands meeting to discuss questions my colleagues and I have. They sourced questions from us and had us vote on the topics we wanted covered. Top voted comments were all about burnout and the growing extra/weekend hours. In the meeting, they didn’t even mention the topics and brushed off the in-person questions about it.

Yesterday, they announced the second such meeting and changed it so we submitted questions in a way that we can’t easily discuss our concerns and the meeting is entirely digital. Never before have I seen a group of people more afraid to face their own employees.

We so need a union…

1 Like

Holy fucking christ. Julian Assage has been given a journalism award by the European United Left–Nordic Green Left part of the European Parliament. That’s not terribly shocking by itself, until you consider the award - the GUE/NGL Award for Journalists, Whistleblowers & Defenders of the Right to Information - was created in honor of Daphne Caruana Galizia.

That’s right: They gave him an award created in honor of a journalist who he slandered by saying she(among others) was being paid off by the US government to attack Putin, who was murdered because of her involvement with a series of leaks that Assange smeared as being fakes, made up by the OCCRP and George Soros.

0 Likes

Just do it. Find an existing related union to join and call them.

0 Likes

Yup. Working on it. First step is to make sure there’s enough people interested so we don’t just get shut down and fired.

0 Likes

I wonder if you can file a wrongful termination suit if that happens. Personally, I would love to get fired and then file a lawsuit, assuming I win. That means getting paid, but not working.

0 Likes

So, it is complicated, right? It is illegal to fire people for trying to unionize, but if my office was super pro-labor this conversation may not even be happening.

0 Likes

Kinda catches my interest because I was not a fan of kolossal during the eclipse Kickstarter.

0 Likes