Concerts

Apparently there is a punk festival in early may in the austrian city of Wels (1st of may is a holiday, and not (just) because of the Jonathan Coulton song) that features among others Teenage Bottlerocket, The Real McKenzies, Bad Cop/Bad Cop, Useless ID, etc. I just might have to go there.

1 Like

I’m completing the trifecta in a couple of weeks:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/event/NTPPC?promotionno=304296&fbclid=IwAR3_n6FpKu5xrKZtRgSJPHqVub-Eg5BeIQ_-kTukSZByT6icGKCIJ24uyO8

Jedi

I need to check if they’re doing any of the new movies post-Jedi. I’m not familiar enough with their music to decide if it’s worth paying to see live though.

OK, Yung Bae is great and all, but our boy Frankie JAVierra C-town!?

I will go to this if possible. When/where tickets on sale? Last time Yung Bae performed in BK it was the night before I was flying out to a tropical island. Also, Macross 82-99 was supposed to be there, but couldn’t get into the country because visa issues.

According to FrankJavCee: “Tickets go on sale Wednesday”

So I’m gonna be keeping eyes out.

Looks like they’re on sale now?

On that page they go live the 16th, so that’s consistent.

In other Concerts in Brooklyn news:

We have George Clanton, and some quality Vaporwave artists:

Which I already have a ticket for, because Slide is one of my favorite albums of 2018.

Also Daughters (Originally out of Providence!) is doing a Brooklyn show in March. (And we get some Blanck Mass for good measure)

Oh, it looked like they were on sale now. I guess it doesn’t tell you the on sale date until you click through.

Ok, I got a Yung Bae Tix. Also Sunmi is coming. All the KPop peoples are coming to the US, and on tours that aren’t mismanaged. It’s a new day.

1 Like

Where do you find out about kpop concerts? I have significantly worse sources than you on this subject. If say GIdle were to play somewhere in the city I’d wanna know.

kpop.reddit.com

Subreddit for the group you like.

soompi.com

Spotify artist pages tell you if the artist is having a concert near you

Official Twitter/Instagram/Facebook pages for artists and also the concert promoters.

e.g.: Red Velvet concert is promoted by https://www.subkultureent.com/ and all their social media accounts give you the info. Twitter is best, tho.

1 Like

I didn’t know about the subdomain trick with Reddit.

1 Like

themoreyouknow.gif

I too picked up the Yung Bae tiquetoes. I hope I will be able to take time to actually make it. Going to be busy busy time.

I went to see Sunmi at Town Hall. Her singing was ok, she said she had a cold. Whatever. The dancing and stage was WOW. Very powerful performance. She definitely gave it everything.

She doesn’t have that many songs as a soloist. She performed her two biggest hits twice each. Didn’t do any Wonder Girls songs, which was sad, but did perform her two older solo songs from when she was still with JYP (24 hours and Full Moon). She also did a couple covers of old pop songs from ‘70s and ‘80s that I didn’t recognize. Gotta do what you gotta do with a small discography.

The one problem at this show was when she stopped between groups of songs to talk, it became a shit show. She couldn’t control the audience or ignore them. The people behind the scenes were using the monitors to prompt her to stop talking, move things along, and sing the next song. As soon as the music started she instantly became a completely different person.

Half the crowd were screaming teenage fans eeee. The other half were fabulous LGBT people who turned out big time. Mix in a few randos like me here and there and you’ve got a fun time.

Overall, a mixed bag. Wouldn’t run out to see her if she came back again, but wouldn’t shy away from it either.

Cherry is playing Dorchester Art Project on April 18 and Black Pistol Fire is coming to Brighton Music Hall on May 14. It’s gonna be great for both.

The QUEEN has blessed us. Beyoncé Homecoming is on Netflix.

Bare witness to one of the greatest if not THE greatest performances of our time.

I took a quick trip down to NYC to see Brass Against at the Gramercy Theatre. The show was amazing, and cathartic. I know a lot of people dig RatM for the bad ass sound, but their lyrics and what they stand for is what really gets me going, and knowing that’s the intent behind BA really gets me going. So yes, cathartic to rock out to RatM with a few hundred like minded folks and scream a few choice lyrics. It was awesome.

Not nearly enough to make me go to Anime Central, but it’s a really strong start.

1 Like

Saturday I see Your Heart Breaks, next Tuesday I see Black Pistol Fire, and next Thursday I see Ceschi. Of these I’m not sure whether I’m more excited for BPF, who I know will put on the best show, or YHB, who I’ve never seen live before and have adored for nearly 8 years.