Cellular Phones

Yeah, I don’t know what’s up with that. It’s the same size as the default keyboard for me.

I’m not talking about relative terms. I’m talking about what I want as a user.

How do you even type on that.

it’s like T9. it deduces the letter from the combination, and for similar words, you can tap the suggestion bar. I would use it 100% if it worked with letter swiping, but you have to tap / tap-slide (for precision). Backspace is swipe left, Whitespace is swipe right, Punctuation swipe right twice. It also has a direct dictionary add + frequency feature, so custom words get added quickly.

And that left SS is still not ideal for me. There’s a LOT of wasted real estate.

Cool little study on pockets! Women's Pockets are Inferior.

1 Like

Apparently, if you have an iPhone 6s, Apple will replace your battery for free! I went to the Apple store expecting to pay $29.00, because of the deal Apple was offering until December 2018, but ended up paying nothing.

I think it’s also free if you have applecare.

yep! Should also include SE. I was planning to hit them up at year end.

1 Like

I should hit them up too. Since free and since they’re probably not replacing the SE with anything that size ever again.

1 Like

Specifically for phones. If you get it, replace your phone, likely the only way to get rid of it.

I’d have gotten a Pixel, but I wanted an SD card slot which Pixel doesn’t have. I’m been really happy with my Galaxy S8+, FWIW.

Since when is $724 “midrange”?

2 Likes

Since the new iPhones are over a grand now.

1 Like

Maybe Rym’s tiny phone quest is finally over.

Again with the phones for ants…

To be fair, have you seen Rym’s pants?

1 Like

Rym wears pants? I thought he painted a pants pattern on his legs every morning. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This is neat, but the iPhone SE does it better. I get the idea that you don’t need an ultra powerful, huge screen phone day to day. My SE currently just gets me from computer to computer, but I don’t think there’s a huge market for a small, slow phone with bad battery life to go with your large phone that also has bad battery life. If it had a decent battery and could be used independently, I might try it out.

Instead, its first smartphone — known simply as the Palm — is a minuscule device you’re meant to carry around when you don’t want to bring your main iPhone or Galaxy along.

In 2018 is this anything but a paperweight for the vast majority of users? I don’t see any scenario that I’d want to have this with me instead of my actual phone and a power bank. I don’t even have any use cases where I’d need a power bank right now much less an entirely different, slightly smaller phone.