Notable Deaths

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-16/aretha-franklin-queen-of-soul-who-spelled-respect-dies-at-76

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

His legacy is one of harming others, and that now dies with him.

3 Likes

So does the fact that he was a Vietnam vet and POW make it better or worse that he voted for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? I used to think it made it better because it meant he knew what he was doing but maybe it makes it worse because it means he knew what he was doing.

I will be in the minority in saying while I didn’t agree with him on many issues I think he was a man of integrity and I am sad at his passing.

1 Like

I don’t believe that he was. His political history is mostly vile, and he repeatedly made public shows of resistance while always voting the party line.

I don’t respect him, in life or in death, nor do I recognize his integrity.

1 Like

I mean, that’s a figurative always. I can think of one time he didn’t.

Didn’t he also purposely hold onto his Senate seat when he was diagnosed in order to ensure there wouldn’t be a special election, and that his replacement would just be a GOP appointee?

1 Like

This news made my day. He was a vile man and it is a shame he did not die when he was a young showboating war criminal who crashed his own plane due to his stupidity.

Fuck you fifteen characters.

1 Like

I’m not sad he passed, but I’m not really glad, either. I simply don’t put enough thought towards him to have any sort of emotional response to the news. Sympathy for his family, maybe, but that’s just a case of normal human empathy that you’d feel for anyone, for him, nowt.

1 Like

Hats off to acknowledging real war heroes

1 Like

You’re not a war hero if you never go to war. A real war hero would be Warrant Officer Hugh Thompson, who stopped the massacre at My Lai. A real war hero would be Captain Sir Edward Hulse, who initiated one of the Christmas Truces. A real war hero would be any one who lead the French mutiny in 1917.

So what? Who could even begin to care? It certainly isn’t me

Yes yes you’re an edgy leftist pacifist, we get it.

1 Like

I doubt he’s a leftist.