Celebrity Deaths

:cry:

9 Likes

“If we go back to the moon, or to Mars, we’ll be using her math.” - Bill Barry, NASA’s chief historian

2 Likes

Not that much of a celebrity nowadays, but Mazzy Star’s David Roback. Mazzy Star has been a warm blanket during some of my toughest moments growing up.

1 Like

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_left::arrow_right::arrow_left::arrow_right::b::a: F

2 Likes

Dang, Freeman Dyson.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Every time I see a new post in this thread, my immediate thought is:

“Please don’t be Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Please don’t be Ruth Bader Ginsberg.”

5 Likes
3 Likes

Max Von Sydow, a very accomplished actor, has joined the danse macabre. I was a friend to Liet.

I didn’t know he was alive. Mad props for surviving a game of chess with the grim reaper.

Didn’t realize he was Ming the Merciless.

1 Like

Valentina Ivanovna Gagarina, the widow of Yuri Gagarin

1 Like

A tribute to one of the longest running jokes which peaked with these segments.

Albert Uderzo, artist and later writer of Asterix, has died.

Asterix was a big part of my childhood. After Rene Goscinny died in 1977, Uderzo also took over as writer. Unfortuantely his output as writer of the comic is very much marred by this circumstance, as Uderzo also let his personal opinions get in the way of the tone of the story. Uderzo retired from his craft in 2011, leaving the comic in the hands of Jean-Yves Ferri and Didier Conrad.

In any case, Asterix was a formative piece of media in my childhood, and also for a large amount of other europeans, and Uderzo’s artwork was very much a contributing factor to this.

5 Likes

Literally have one of these books out from the Library right now to show my daughter.

RIP Curly

3 Likes