Body Art: Tattoos and Piercings

Done.

0 Likes

I just watched Moana yesterday, and Maui’s tattoos got me thinking. It would be a really cool idea to get an ever-expanding tattoo with stylized designs that represent life accomplishments that you are particularly proud of, challenges that you have overcome, or people that shaped you as a person.

Basically develop a tapestry of your life that you carry with you every day, so much so that someone who didn’t know you could look at it and, assuming they knew what each aspect represented, could get a sense of who you are and how you got here.

1 Like

[quote=“UncleUlty, post:42, topic:354, full:true”]
I just watched Moana yesterday, and Maui’s tattoos got me thinking. It would be a really cool idea to get an ever-expanding tattoo with stylized designs that represent life accomplishments that you are particularly proud of, challenges that you have overcome, or people that shaped you as a person.
[/quote]I don’t know about Samoan Pe’a, but that’s almost exactly what the Maori Tā moko are. So I think you’ve been beaten to the punch on that one by little bit.

0 Likes

Yeah, I’m not pretending that I’m the first one with this idea. :slight_smile: I’m just surprised at myself for not thinking of it sooner, and now I have the gears in motion, thinking of how I might make this work for me.

0 Likes