Body Art: Tattoos and Piercings

If I want to show something I’m passionate about I’d buy a T-shirt :-p

I considered getting an Utena tattoo until I realized how fucked up it would be to have the Rose Seal permanently on you. Lately I’ve been trying to come up with the right Bruce Springsteen-based design. It seems unlikely that my Springsteen fandom would embarrass me, even if I let up on it a little over time.

Skeleton Jelly?

Maybe I’m super weird, but I almost, a tiny bit, kind of want a cutie mark tattoo on my butt.

Not going to happen. :wink:

But the interest is not 0%…

1 Like

[quote=“thewhaleshark, post:13, topic:354”]
I also lost my wedding ring like a year and change ago, and I’ve decided to get a ring tattoo to replace it.
[/quote]I’ve noticed that a lot of the Brazilian people I’ve met recently either have a ring tattoo or an infinity sign with two birds perched on it. I’ve seen several pairs of the latter and it looks really nice; simple, elegant, and obviously meaningful.

I’m thinking more Murray, the Demonic Skull

That seems like a slippery slope where we all find out after that you have a rainbow dash body pillow that eats dinner with you.

1 Like

For those worried about the permance of a tattoo. Have any of you gotten a Henna tattoo? They look pretty cool. The art seems to be mostly floral like in design though. With some geometric stylings in there as well. Like they are using a spirograph toy to make them.

The hummingbird and honeybee are kind of like my parents’ spirit animals. One day I would like to get them tattooed on my body. I feel like I should consult a tattoo artist before deciding where and what style to use.

Good aftercare and some anti-histamines(if you’re the lumpy sort) can mitigate that somewhat, but you’re right, it’s still gonna suck for a few days.

2 Likes

So it’s goatse right?

1 Like

Nah, it’ll be that picture of Rym and Scott in bed together.

1 Like

Someone really needs to bring that thread back.

1 Like

I do wonder in which form a future tattoo will take. Will it be a display technology or a type of actual embedded smart pigment? Will we want people to still be sitting there with needle guns or would we prefer if you can get it printed on via some kind of device?

There will be a display seamlessly embedded in your skin. It will be invisible when turned off and controlled digitally. The art will be made with Photoshop. I imagine it will be bio-luminescent.

Done.

I just watched Moana yesterday, and Maui’s tattoos got me thinking. It would be a really cool idea to get an ever-expanding tattoo with stylized designs that represent life accomplishments that you are particularly proud of, challenges that you have overcome, or people that shaped you as a person.

Basically develop a tapestry of your life that you carry with you every day, so much so that someone who didn’t know you could look at it and, assuming they knew what each aspect represented, could get a sense of who you are and how you got here.

1 Like

[quote=“UncleUlty, post:42, topic:354, full:true”]
I just watched Moana yesterday, and Maui’s tattoos got me thinking. It would be a really cool idea to get an ever-expanding tattoo with stylized designs that represent life accomplishments that you are particularly proud of, challenges that you have overcome, or people that shaped you as a person.
[/quote]I don’t know about Samoan Pe’a, but that’s almost exactly what the Maori Tā moko are. So I think you’ve been beaten to the punch on that one by little bit.