Awesome/Summer Games Done Quick

I didn’t realise that the tournament had 200 matches in it so far…Hopefully there is enough variety in seeds/strategies that it will keep being interesting.

I only watch the bracket stages and skip all the qualifiers. Also if you want insane plays look up wizzathon and watch those highlights.

I follow the person who did halfcoordinate’s momodora plush last year and they have revealed the Plush they have made for auction this year:

Still watching the LttP races slowly and watching this is a very good one for showing how badly one mistake can stop you winning.

Tairr chest was rough but if you want to see an awesome nail biter, this might be the closest thing you can see.

What! Zero Wing has never been Done Quick? Someone should get on that.

Doesn’t it move at one speed so they’d mostly be the same?

Is the whole thing autoscroller? There’s boss fights at least, right? I was just surprised it hasn’t been run during an awful block.

SGDQ is live…kinda. They are re-airing the entire 2016 marathon now since 2017 starts next week.

It’s live. GET HYPE

If you missed halfcoordinated’s Nier Automata run then you also missed the best fan art #got2bradical

I got into playing ALttP Randomizer recently. It’s really interesting. You have to really know your shit, even in a glitch-free seed. It’s a lot of fun, though.

Thankfully my skill at deck builders and knowing locations comes in handy, minus all the tech to go fast I am doing fairly well in it.

I’m doing a vanilla replay of ALttP as it’s a been quite a while, but the randomizer is intriguing and I definitely want to try it.

I love the Randomizer. I’ve played it through a number of times already, and watched the entirety of the Tournament.

I generally play to get 100% as opposed to doing speed runs, but I’m still getting finish times of between 2.5-3 hours, which I’m happy with.

How did they get 2 1/2 hours behind?

Edit: They updated the schedule so now they’re on time.

So this happened

The noise reaction roller coaster to this Notch donation is quite a ride. pic.twitter.com/NRKhzIDv2e

— Jeffrey Grubb (@JeffGrubb) July 8, 2017

The runs have been good this year. That Banjo-Kazooie 100% Speedrun was great.

I happened to have it on the second monitor when that happened. It made me think a bit about the nature of morality. Like ya can’t just put all people into 2 boxes, decent folk and scum. It was an interesting musing before I appreciated $10k for MSF and moved on.

In Final Fantasy VII, they apparently have routed the game to manipulate every single encounter by counting the number of steps Cloud has taken in the game.

[quote=“Naoza, post:78, topic:321”]
I happened to have it on the second monitor when that happened. It made me think a bit about the nature of morality. Like ya can’t just put all people into 2 boxes, decent folk and scum.
[/quote]More a case of people existing on a spectrum, rather than as absolutes. For example, with Notch, It pulls his slider slightly closer to the decent folk end, but he’s also scummy enough that it would take a lot more than that to get him out of the scum area of the bar.