Android: Netrunner (not even Scott cares)

Plus, they’re worse than White Wolf with rules-affecting typos (see: stairs of doom in Deathwatch).

Lucas Litzsinger (sp?), the head of Netrunner leaving FFG to go to WotC a couple months ago, might have something to do with it as well.

Even when he was at FFG he hasn’t been in charge of Netrunner for years. It switched to Damon and then to Boggs. The only way it could have something to do with it is if WotC wanted him to revive Netrunner, again, for them. That seems like it is inviting some sort of lawsuit from FFG, though. Even without a lawsuit it just doesn’t seem like something you would want to do. Hey, remember that game you revived and fixed? Do it all over again.

1 Like

Good point.

/15

When it comes to WotC making movies, you always have to allow for the possibility of boneheaded Hasbro corporate direction. You never know what’s going on in there.

1 Like

I thought of that possibility also. It could be just a line being drawn between Hasbro and Asmodee, and all cooperation being eliminated.

1 Like

I know this game is “dead”, though I think there is a dedicated enough community that it will survive, at least to a certain extent. I bought a Core box sometime last year after playing the game the first time, but never got really into it. For some odd reason after hearing that no more content will be coming out I decided to check it out again. I’ve been playing a bit on Jiteki.net, taking my lumps as a noob.

The game is very interesting with the asymmetric sides, and there is a ton of nuance in every single decision. The community is also super nice.

Today I decided not to just stick to the core (or revised Core as it were) anymore and load up a “real deck”. After observing a player on Jiteki play it this morning I found a list for the mini-faction Apex and decided to build my own version of it. Here’s the original and my slightly modified version I call Apex’s Chop Shop.

If game rules can’t be copyrighted, how long until we set Cyborg: Internet Sprinter on Steam? :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a game on Steam called “System Crash” which is a Cyberpunk-themed CCG.

I’ve just acquired, recently, my first copy of Android: Netrunner. Willing to start a community around this game. After pushing some demonstrations for regular clients, I’ll start a League. Very interested how it finally all turns out. First impressions during the weekend were great. Any advise on what expansions would enhance a beginner’s community to the game? Thx.

As far as I know, you are a few years late to this game. Unless you can travel through time, starting a community around Netrunner is going to be super disappointing for you.

There is still plenty going on online, mostly around Stimhack and their Slack channel, and the Jinteki.net website where you can play the game online. Though Fantasy Flight lost the license to it, there is a fan community called NISEI which continues developing cards, only recently releasing their first set which is very good.

1 Like

@Tronos Can Confirm; the set that NISEI released has my entire local community super excited for netrunner again. We’ve been playing with proxies from the new set since we were waiting for our copies, but I’m now really hopeful for the game under NISEI’s leadership

1 Like

That could happen. Although, we are using the spanish translation, and there’s still plenty of material. We are hoping to collect enough so that we can play it on a regular basis. They still have lots of tournament sets available… But actually, just looking forward to experience the game. Thanks!

@belkalra @chaosof99 I’ll definately check on NISEI. Thx!

NISEI is the only organization still around that represents organized play for Netrunner and they do allow proxies, so don’t feel bad if you guys just print out the cards. Alternatively, I know they have fan printed some of the older sets, though I don’t know if they’ve done that for other languages.

1 Like

My casual playgroup got together for nets for the first time since around October, when Nets finished. We have a set of the new NISEI cards each and threw together some decks. Gotta say, it REALLY felt like the good old days. New cards, new decks, we all had a great time and are going to keep playing and see where this goes.

From a purely casual and ‘just want to play for fun’ perspective, it was great. Who knows how long it will last (ie. who knows if NISEI will go the distance), but for now, I’m just so happy to be playing again.

I really feel like they put out some killer cards in the new pack. Flip switch alone has revitalized crims, since they can run with NO FEAR…well, except for Spider Man

I want to play Netrunner again, because the game is so good, but it’s just so much effort. I feel like I was only able to play in the first place because when I started the card pool was just core set + 1 expansion. I was able to learn cards one pack at a time. Since I fell out I would have to learn some enormous pile of cards all at once. It’s just too much knowledge that I don’t have time for.

You should just get past it.

1 Like