GeekNights Tuesday - Playdate

Tonight on GeekNights, we consider the fascinating art project x portable game console: Playdate. It's neat. In the news, the contest for Lord Stanley's Cup is underway, EA Sports loses FIFA, Bethesda finishes off their PC game launcher, Square Enix continues its long fall from grace by doubling down on a scam, Embracer is embracing a gaming empire, Overwatch 2 is very promising for competitive play thus far, and American fascists are destroying basic human rights in overturning Roe v Wade.

Things of the Day

Episode Links

Rym mentioned wanting more far future stories of a certain type and one came to mind that I think would be up his alley, The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. The next book in the series might scratch that specific itch better but they’re all great in their own ways.

1 Like

Small Angry Planet is great, I describe it as freelining all of the Mass Effect Companion quests all at once. Honestly the second one is better in my opinion, but they are both really high up there. One of her more recent novellas is also really good, A Psalm for the WIld-Built.

1 Like